Skip Lei - TRIbella Inventor/Owner
Every month we'll talk to someone who works in some way with wine. We're interested in how they got started, what inspires them and in what ways wine has enhanced their life. For our debut TRIbella Ten, we interviewed our own founder Skip Lei.
- How did you get started in your current work with wine?
I was inspired by wineries and their passion.
- What do you love about what you do?
Finding a solution to make wine more beautiful.
- What about your job do you think would surprise most people?
That our company is so, so small… and little companies can bring big solutions.
- What’s the first step for people to learn about wine?
Have a glass, savor, and enjoy :-)
- What is your favorite glass of wine to enjoy at home?
My everyday wine is a great value cab from somewhere in the Columbia Valley
- If you could split a bottle of wine with anyone – alive or dead, fictional or real – who would it be, and what would you talk about?
My dad. So many questions – may need a couple bottles for that one!
- Where were you when you had your most memorable glass of wine?
My dining room table on my 30th wedding anniversary with an amazing wine and our favorite pizza and salad.
- If your house was on fire and you only had time to grab one bottle of wine from your collection and one other personal item which ones would you save?
It would be the bottle I didn’t finish last night, and my baseball mitt from when I was a kid.
- If you were offered an all-expenses-paid trip to the wine region of your choice anywhere in the world for 3 months, where would you go?
I’ve never been to Australia, so I think I would go there.
- What’s your favorite wine accessory?
The TRIbella, of course! Who wouldn’t want the perfect pour?
If you're a wine professional and would like to submit your TRIbella Ten, send us a note here and we'll get you scheduled in!