Regina Jackson - Corks & Cuvée Founder/Owner
Every month we talk to someone who works in some way with wine. We're interested in how they got started, what inspires them and in what ways wine has enhanced their life. This month we interviewed Regina Jackson, of Corks & Cuvée, an amazing wine and gift shop that we'll be featuring later this year on our Pour of the Month, so stay tuned for that! For now, here are some of Regina's thoughts on wine and life...
1. How did you get started in your current work with wine?
I started facilitating wine tastings at my home then other people would hire me to facilitate tastings at their home which eventually led me to residential cellar management which led me to opening a wine retail space.
2. What do you love about what you do?
I love that everyone I meet is in a good mood because we are talking about wine.
3. What about your job do you think would surprise most people?
My palate can get fatigued to the point I have to stop tasting wines for a bit.
4. If you could split a bottle of wine with anyone – alive or dead, fictional or real – who would it be, and what would you talk about?
I would love to split a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc with Oprah Winfrey and discuss life’s big questions like on Super Soul Sunday.
5. What’s the first step for people to learn about wine?
First step is to enjoy and don’t over analyze then see the wine, smell the wine, and sip the wine.
6. What is your favorite glass of wine to enjoy at home?
In the spring and summer, I love a crisp dry New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. In the winter I love a nice Australian Shiraz with a nice steak.
7. Where were you when you had your most memorable glass of wine?
I was the guest of a vineyard owner in Finger Lakes, New York. I was drinking wine and having dinner in the vineyard where the actual grapes were grown.
8. If your house was on fire and you only had time to grab one bottle of wine from your collection and one other personal item which ones would you save?
I would grab my Mollydooker Velvet Glove Shiraz and my dog.
9. If you were offered an all-expenses-paid trip to the wine region of your choice anywhere in the world for 3 months, where would you go?
10. Who in your life would most appreciate a TRIbella aerator?
My dear friend Natalie Lewis
For more information about Regina's awesome wine and gift shop, visit her website here.