Tanisha Townsend - Girl Meets Glass, Wine & Spirits Lifestyle Agency
1. How did you get started in your current work with wine?
I was introduced to a gentleman that owned a wine marketing firm. He thought I'd be a great addition, so I began working for him. Over the course of time, my responsibilities grew to speaker, professor of wine and currently a wine tour hostess.
2. What do you love about what you do?
I love seeing that light bulb go off when someone understands a certain wine concept, or when I select a wine for someone to taste, one they've never tried or heard of before, and they love it
3. What about your job do you think would surprise most people?
It really is challenging work! I work with people and provide my clients a service...and no, I don't just drink wine all day
4. If you could split a bottle of wine with anyone – alive or dead, fictional or real – who would it be, and what would you talk about?
Model and Cookbook Author Chrissy Teigen. She is absolutely hilarious!! We'd talk about life, social media, tell a few jokes and hopefully she would cook me something amazing
5. What’s the first step for people to learn about wine?
Be open to trying new things. Don't immediately say, 'Oh I won't like that.' There are over 1,000 different grape varietals, I'm sure there are a few that you'll enjoy
6. What is your favorite glass of wine to enjoy at home?
Right now, with spring finally here, a perfectly chilled glass of Provence rosé
7. Where were you when you had your most memorable glass of wine?
I was in Bourgogne and it was a Batard-Montrachet. Then, I knew that I was absolutely obsessed with wine and it'd be my career some day.
8. If your house was on fire and you only had time to grab one bottle of wine from your collection and one other personal item which ones would you save?
In this tiny Paris apartment, there is absolutely no room for a collection lol! So, my hands are free to carry 2 personal items! I'd take my photos and a few autographed wine books.
9. If you were offered an all-expenses-paid trip to the wine region of your choice anywhere in the world for 3 months, where would you go?
Douro Valley, Portugal. It is the most beautiful wine region I've ever seen! I'd love to spend 3 months there exploring the land and tasting the wines.
10. Who in your life would most appreciate a TRIbella aerator?
My Swirl Suite podcast co-host Sarita Cheaves. She loves performing 'wine experiments' and using an aerator to gauge wine differences is right up her alley!